What are Care Teams?
Care Teams allow your practice to assign patients to a certain group of providers and staff depending on their needs. Only members of the Care Team are able to see and respond to messages from patients on this particular team. Patients can easily be reassigned to a different Care Team at any point in time.
Create a New Care Team
- To create a new Care Team, go into Organization > Members > Click on the searchable provider for whom you'd like to add a care team. Care teams can ONLY be nested under members marked as "searchable". For many practices, the only searchable provider will be under the practice name. When you click on that member, a panel will open on the right side. Scroll down in the panel and click on the plus sign to the right of "Care Teams".
2. Enter the Care Team name. You will have the option to set this as the default Care Team. This means that new patients will automatically get assigned to this team when added. To add colleagues to this Care Team, search for them in the dropdown search bar.
3. Delegation insures that a member of the Care Team will receive notifications based on their profile settings (which can be adjusted from the Members page). If a member wants to be notified of messages from patients on this Care Team, check the Delegate box next to their name. If they want to have access to chats with patients on this Care Team, but don't want to be notified of them, uncheck their Delegate box. Make sure to click "Save & Close" when you're done editing.
Edit a Care Team
- To edit an existing Care Team (change the name, add or remove members, or change delegation settings), go into Organization > Members > Click on a member that is a searchable provider, as you would to create a Care Team. In the right side panel, scroll down to the particular Care Team you wish to edit and click the pencil icon next to it.
2. A window will open which allows you to change the Care Team name, add members using the search bar, remove members to the right of their names, and adjust delegation settings. To delete a Care Team altogether, click "Delete Care Team" at the bottom of the window. Make sure to click "Save & Close" when you're done editing.
Reassign a Patient to a Different Care Team
If you want to assign a patient to a different Care Team, you can do so either in the active patient list or in an individual patient chat.
Reassign Patient Care Team from Active Patient List
- Go into Patients > Active > Search for the patient in the top search bar > Click on the patient. In the right side panel, scroll down to Provider Preferences.
2. Use the dropdown search bar to select a different Care Team for the patient. If you are not on the Care Team that the patient is reassigned to, you will no longer have access to the patient's chat.
Reassign Patient Care Team from Individual Patient Chat
- Go into Messages > Patients > Use the magnifying glass to search for the patient you'd like to reassign and click on their name.
- In the right side Details panel, under Care Teams, use the dropdown bar to select which Care Team to reassign the patient to. If you are not on the Care Team that the patient is reassigned to, you will no longer have access to the patient's chat.